We’re happy to announce the general availability of the RouterCheck Support site to help people configure their home networks securely. RouterCheck Support has been a popular feature of the RouterCheck application, and is now being made available on the web for people who aren’t RouterCheck application users.
To use RouterCheck support, simply go to http://support.routercheck.com
RouterCheck Support provides information on thousands of different router models, and assists in the configuration of router features such as:
- Changing the administrator password
- Setting up the correct WiFi security methods
- Closing ports on the router
- Disabling Ping from helping hackers find your network
- Configuring which DNS server the network should use
- Loading new firmware onto the router
Besides providing assistance in helping users configure their routers, RouterCheck Support also explains the security implications of different configuration options in an easy to understand way. Since being integrated into the RouterCheck application, RouterCheck Support is responsible for helping thousands of users fix the security issues that were discovered with their routers.
RouterCheck Support is available in 37 languages.